Singer, Songwriter, FRIZZ RECORDS Recording Artist, & Host of IS BLACK MUSIC? on Resonance FM

Tuesday 30 March 2010

She decided to be a Playa

Sometimes people wonder where the text for a song like Playa from my 'Anutha Kinda Brotha' album comes from. Sometimes I wonder if I’m so twisted that I imagine lyrics that way.

Then something happens that helps me realize that life is weirder than any of my songs portray.

I was sittin' on the top of  a double decker near Liverpool Street station the other day and overheard this conversation behind me. It was a girl on the bus who was speaking about how she would meet older men and game on them in petty ways:

 "I’ve been doing it since I was 16. My parents know how I get my money. I don’t fuck some big old man. They just come to me, this one guy, he took me and my friends out to eat and we built up a bill. The bill was £37 and he paid for it. I was talkin' on the phone and this Indian man was staring at me and I said what you staring at, then I said I’ll take your phone, and he said that wouldn’t be very nice. I said I’ll take your phone. Then I said give me your phone number. And I kept calling him. I made him go down to the chicken and chip shop and bring me something, I met him in the street. I didn’t let him go to my house. Sometime I take my brother, my parents know how I get my money. They asked me to stop, but I keep on doing it. My brother has a alias. I have an alias to, my alias is Samantha."

No comments:

Post a Comment